2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

5/20/08

William Regal and the General Update - 5/20/2008

When William Regal lost to Ken Kennedy on Raw, I thought that the 2008 King of the Ring would be headed over to Smackdown to work with the Undertaker or Batista. Well, he's not. He's suspended. Smackdown could sure use another wrestler... anybody. I'd be relieved if Cody Rhodes got drafted over to the Blue Brand to work in a title program with Taker. I'd be relieved if Lance Cade got drafted over to the Blue Brand to work in a title program with Taker. I'd be relieved if the Brooklyn Brawler came out of retirement and got drafted to Smackdown to work in a title program with Taker. You get the point. I am sick of Undertaker v. Edge. I am sick of Batista v. Undertaker. I am sick of Batista v. Edge. I am sick of Undertaker v. Batista v. Edge. I am sick of everything on Smackdown... and I don't even watch Smackdown.

I'm happy to see that Vince McMahon is keeping a tough policy as far as drug and alcohol abuse is concerned. I'm very disappointed in William Regal. Of all the years I've been watching him work, I've never been as interested in him as I have been since he won the King of the Ring. This seemed as though it would be the push of his career. And he blew it. It will be interesting to see how he is brought back from his suspension just as it is interesting to see how Jeff Hardy is being utilized.

Speaking of Jeff Hardy and Umaga... they work great together. I'm sure their One Night Stand match will steal the show. I'm not watching the show though. It will be the first PPV in over a year that I'm skipping. It's a 'B' PPV and I've seen each match that has been booked so far more than 5 times. Nothing is going to happen at this PPV. I'll read the results.

The WWE goes into a lull after Wrestlemania. I think they could use some gimmick Pay Per Views after Backlash. Maybe King of the Ring should have been a PPV... and instead of 8 wrestlers - with 3 being jokes - there should have been 16 wrestlers and the entire tournament should have taken place during the PPV. If that was the case, the King of the Ring would truly have been a King of the Ring.

Honestly, how many times do I have to watch Triple H v. Randy Orton and Undertaker v. Edge and John Cena v. JBL and Jeff Hardy v. Umaga? How many times do I have to watch Santino Marella poke fun at an ex-superstar and have his ass handed to him? It's funny. I'm not saying it's unfunny. I'd just like to see Santino get a belt and work with some current wrestlers. Please, give him and Carlito the tag titles. They'd be as successful as the New Age Outlaws and funnier.

I have no control over any of this though. I'm not going to get worked up at how bland the WWE is right now. Like I said, they have a Wrestlemania Hangover right now. They have it each year. Things will pick up around Summerslam.

One last note, why did CM Punk win the Money in the Bank? He keeps losing cleanly to guys like John Morrison and The Miz. I don't understand. How am I supposed to believe that Punk can win a World title if he jobs to Johnny Nitro? Or am I supposed to believe that he covets the ECW Championship enough to use his Money in the Bank for that belt? Yeah... sorry, I don't believe that at all. CM Punk should be booked to win some matches and should be drafted to a better brand. But again... who am I? I'm not a booker, I'm just a looker.

Peace out...

Seannie Wan

No comments: