2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/15/07

Backstage Scuffle at Smackdown/ECW

JBL got mad at The Miz and John Morrisonitro because they disrespected CM Punk as a wrestler and not as a character during their guest commentary for his match. I don't know who Punk was wrestling and I don't think it's relevant. In fact, I don't think that it's relevant that JBL getting mad at The Miz and John Morrisonitro is relevant. In fact, I don't think that The Miz and John Morrisonitro are relevant. In fact, I'm not sure that this post is relevant.

However, I must report the truth... or at least what I hear from other people... or read on the Internet. JBL demanded that The Miz and John Morrisonitro (I'll stop using that name) apologize to Punk. The Miz apologized immediately and John Morrison told JBL to 'mind his own business.' They had to be separated by the other talent at one point. My money would have been on JBL. That dude is huge.

I seem to notice that JBL gets into disagreements with talent on a fairly regular basis. He's well respected by WWE upper-management and uses his position for political purposes, meaning if he doesn't like somebody in particular, that somebody can be buried or fired if JBL wants that somebody to be fired or buried. Yikes! He should be switched from Smackdown to Raw.

I know what you're wondering: Where the hell is Kevin Thorne?!? You had picked him to win the Royal Rumble in January... you had picked him to score the decisive pin in the New Breed v. ECW Originals match at Wrestlemania 23... you figured him a shoe-in to win the ECW Championship once Bobby Lashley had to vacate the title upon his move to Raw. Well, he performed a very dangerous move during a dark match and screwed it up. He could have seriously hurt his opponent and those in power - I guess JBL - got angry with him and are punishing him by not putting him on television. Our loss.

I could give you the results of Smackdown, but then why would you watch?

Chris Jericho is on the cover of next month's issue of WWE magazine. I guess that's it for the big surprise. In the world of fast-paced communication and state-of-the-are technology I'm glad to see that the Professional Wrestling community completely ignores the possibility of someone using the technology to communicate this 'big surprise.'

So, Yes: Chris Jericho WILL be on Raw 11/19 and No: Kevin Throne will not be on ECW 11/20. I guess that's life. You take the good and you take the bad.

No comments: