2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/5/07

Random Pre-Raw Notes

Chris Jericho was a guest on Opie and Anthony and got in a pretty heated argument with Jim Norton. Norton was 'poking fun' at Christopher Reeve - because I guess it's pretty funny to make fun of a paraplegic - and Jericho got angry and stated that he considered himself to be friends with Reeve post-mortem.

Christian Cage is booked to work a match with Booker T in Booker's PWA promotion. I take this as another sign that Booker is showing up in TNA. However, I think this move helps make TNA look more and more like WCW and less and less like the WWE. If you recall, and if you're reading a wrestling blog you have to recall, WCW signed wrestlers for shock value alone and to keep each episode of Monday Nitro fresh. It got to a point where Bryan Adams - rest his soul - was supposed to be a big surprise. Andrew Martin, Junior Fatu, and now Booker T.... seems like a very unstable locker room and roster to me. I wonder how A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels and all the other top-notch talent that are getting buried to make room for these 'proven starts' are feeling right now? I bet Jeff Jarrett doesn't have the happiest locker room at the moment.

I really hope there are no traditional Survivor Series matches at the Survivor Series because I hate traditional Survivor Series matches. I despised Survivor Series 2006 for that very reason... and also because the main event was Greg Batista challenging Booker T for the World Heavyweight Title with the stipulation being that if Greg Batista lost, he would never receive another title shot so long as Booker T was champion ever again. I feel as though that is always the case with Greg Batista whenever he isn't the World Heavyweight Champion. I don't want to bash Greg Batista because he has grown on me over the last few months. After seeing him live last Tuesday 10/30, I realized that he is a superstar and that he is a good worker and that he is a draw and that he is going to carry the WWE for the next decade. I think he is quite capable of it also. Working with The Undertaker is only going to make him better. His character just needs a better edge.

Speaking of Edge, I can't wait to see him again. He's still one of my favorites and the WWE has been missing him. He's a good heel when he isn't trying so hard, and he's a horrible face when he is trying hard. The problem with Edge is he tries to hard with his character. I still love him though... platoniclly.

I'm not not not excited to see Steve Austin tonight on Raw. I'm not not not excited to see D-Generation X tonight on Raw. I am excited to see Santino Marella (Morella?) tonight on Raw. I am excited to see Jeff Hardy team with Rey Mysterio tonight. I am excited to see Ken Kennedy on Raw tonight. There is still allot of work to be done, but I think WWE is going to be on the upswing soon enough.

I have allot of feelings on TNA, but that's The Kidd's department, so I'll give him the opportunity to comment on it.

As far as Outside Interference is concerned, we're going to be starting a few regular weekly columns. One will be a 'rumor mill column,' and another will be a 'spy vs. spy,' 'head to head,' 'opinion vs. opinion' match up between The Kidd and myself. Most importantly, we're preparing a list of the best 25 professional wrestlers of the last twenty years.

I have nothing else to say... and that's the bottom line... because Seannie Wan said so....

No comments: