2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/21/07

Random Notes and Random Thoughts On A Random Thanksgiving Eve 11/23/07

Biggest news to report: Shelton Benjamin has been switched from Raw to the ECW roster. I don't think this bodes well for Charlie Haas. However, I think this is great for Shelton Benjamin. He is one of the top five wrestlers on the Raw brand and he gets buried so much he is seen but once a month on television. It's sad that a guy with that much talent gets such little television time. Part of the problem is that he had been paired with Haas again. I'm not knocking Haas, but this is clearly a case of Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty.

Benjamin can make a big impact on ECW. He is deserving of a belt and he held the Intercontinental Title for a fairly long period of time. He should be thrown into the ECW Championship mix and I think he would work a great program with CM Punk. I'm excited to tune into ECW on Tuesdays and see how Shelton fits.

TNA news: Tomko has had emergency surgery on a torn muscle. There is no word yet on how long he will be out of action. TNA can clean up this mess by teaming Christian with Styles and having the two drop the Tag Belts to the Steiners or - even better - Team 3D. This could push a Christian Cage - AJ Styles feud and a Team 3D - Motor City Machine Guns feud for the Tag Belts. I like Tomko, but this is not a horrible situation... except for Tomko... and I guess Prince Albert (A-Train) whom he shares the New Japan Tag Titles with (disclaimer: it may not be Albert that he shares the title with and it may not be New Japan that he wrestles for and he may already have lost that title... I guess I should have done some more research : - ( ).

I'm very curious to see how the Chris Jericho/Randy Orton program will be booked. I'm very curious to see how Edge is booked. I'm most curious to see if Triple H will book himself in a heel turn which, in my opinion, would then push Jeff Hardy to the top face - I guess only behind Jericho - on Raw.

Matt Hardy has had surgery on his appendix and will be out for 8 to 10 weeks. Jeez... more bad luck for the WWE. Matt Hardy is probably the hardest worker on Smackdown... if not the WWE. It works that they could play his absence as a knee injury courtesy of MVP. I guess MVP v. Matt Hardy for the U.S. Title at Wrestlemania 24?

I've actually been brainstorming a possible card for Wrestlemania... What do you think?...

Triple H v. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship - Triple H has won the belt from Randy Orton due to Chris Jericho's help and turned heel on Jeff Hardy who has won the Royal Rumble.

Edge v. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship - Edge has won the World Title from Batista.

Chris Jericho (should he still be around) v. Randy Orton in some kind of special stipulation match... should the feud last this long...

Shawn Michaels v. Ken Kennedy should they still be feuding. I think this should be a great program. I hope Michaels lays down for Kennedy.

Ric Flair v. Ricky Steamboat - this is going to be Flair's last match and who better - besides I guess Sting - to work with in his farewell match. This is also dependent upon Steamboat's ability to work a match... a good match.

Batista v. Umaga v. Snitsky v. John Morrison v. the Miz v. Finlay in the Money in the Bank Match - this is because I have no idea how else to book these guys.

MVP v. Matt Hardy for the U.S. Championship - this feud can be booked longer and built better with Matt Hardy's injury.

Who am I missing? What do you think? I'm sure The Kidd will have something to say. I'll give some more thought and do a re-post.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our loyal readers!!!

Peace Out
- Seannie Wan

No comments: