2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/19/07

Survivor Series 2007

... and the Ultimate Survivor ended up being yours truly. What a mush job of a card. I've never seen the WWE in such a sorry state. Honestly, the early nineties were much more interesting. If Adam Bomb were around today he would be deserving of a title push.

Well, that's ridiculous, but I'm angry. I keep giving Vince the benefit of the doubt. I'm waiting for the ship to right itself. I'm waiting to be entertained. It's just not happening!!!
Why do I still watch? After watching a pay-per-view like Survivor Series, I can't come up with a reason why I still watch. I can't come up with a good reason why I devote so much time and money and brain matter towards the WWE product. I guess it's because of hope. I guess I hold onto the hope that one day the WWE will again be entertaining. I'm a glutton for punishment.

The highlight of the night was the Triple Threat Match for the ECW Championship. It was the opening match. The Miz is pretty lame, but Cm Punk and John Morrison carried him well. I knew Punk would retain simply because the other two are undeserving of a belt... wait... they just won the Smackdown tag titles... argh.

The Hell in a Cell bout between Taker and Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship was allot worse than I thought it would be. I actually had somewhat high expectation for this match. My bad! I figured that both superstars would put the pedal to the metal and put on the best show possible considering the dire straits that the WWE is in. I was way wrong! The Undertaker looked like he was sleeping through the match. Batista is totally incapable of carrying a big ppv match on his own. Sure, he can work five minutes with Mark Henry on Smackdown... but main event stuff? Nope.

Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton could have been the best finish in the last couple of years but... well, I knew nothing of interest would happen. At least Orton finally got a clean win. I can't remember the last time he got a clean win over a big time guy like Michaels.

Another highlight: Jeff Hardy getting the last pin fall in the traditional elimination match. Hunter letting him steal the spotlight further supports my 'Jeff Hardy wins the Royal Rumble theory.' I guess that's all up to HHH.

The Hornswaggle-Great Khali match was so lame that I can't come up with words to describe it. Vince's expression as he left ringside says it all. Why would he book that match? What did he think would happen? The nearly sold-out crowd was much more interested in Shaquille O'Neal sitting ringside than they were in the match.

I really hate dwelling on the negative, but it's impossible with this one.

On a scale of 1 to 10, did I hate this ppv? Yes.
That didn't make any sense... sort of a microcosm of the WWE.

The superstar I'm most excited to see on a regular basis is Santino Marella.

I really hope that Chris Jericho 'saves_us' tonight.

No comments: