2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/16/07

Post Smackdown Notes 11/16/07

I really liked the MVP/Matt Hardy Tag Team Champions storyline. I knew that it was going to end eventually but I thought it could have gone on for awhile longer. I think MVP can be a top star with the WWE. His names is almost as bad as Kaz and his entrance is lame and I'm sick of overblown elbow drops, but he is a pretty funny guy with the microphone and he can work a good match.

I think that if the story continued for awhile longer it would have picked up more steam and would have been beneficial for both MVP and Hardy. Maybe something more interesting will come of it. For example, Jeff Hardy skipped out before Matt Hardy's match. Maybe Matt will get angry at Jeff. Who knows? I hope MVP and Matt Hardy put on a good match for the US Title. Matt Hardy deserves a belt. He's a hard worker with allot of respect for the business. MVP is sure to gain some heat out of his turn on Matt. It'll be nice to hear some sort of reaction when he enters the arena as opposed to the uncomfortable silence that usually accompanies his lame, overblown entrance.

I'm looking forward to the Hell in a Cell.

Smackdown is more entertaining than Raw and has been for the last month.

Rey Mysterio doesn't seem like he is interested in wrestling anymore. He looks like he's half-assing it.

Finlay is a good heel. I hate him and I don't normally hate talent because of the character they portray.

I like that The Miz and John Morrison have the belts. It'll add some heat to ECW and those characters. I just hate that it is at the expense of MVP and Matt Hardy. Honestly, MVP turning on Matt is predictable, but if they built up a friendship more and some better successful title defenses, the whole story would have been a helluva lot better.

I think it was hilarious that there were close-ups of fans on the verge of tears in the audience while MVP worked Matt's knee.

Sick of Jericho promos. I just want Jericho.

The Kidd had to call some girl to work his shift at McDonalds in New Jersey the first time Chris Jericho showed up on Raw. He has to do the same this time although he has a different place of employment. I told him he should call the same girl for nostalgic reasons.

Edge on Sunday, Jericho on Monday... We just need RVD at ECW on Tuesday and it will be the best week for the WWE in the last three years.

I really hope Shawn Michaels turns heel on Sunday by repeating the Montreal Screwjob.

No comments: