2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/6/07

Post-Raw Notes

Wow! D-Generation X and 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin?!? Somebody pinch me! Is it 1998 or something? Are we leading up to Wrestlemania 15? Because I could have sworn I just bought tickets for Wrestlemania 24!

I figured that D-X would open the show with something funny... they did! I figured Steve Austin would give somebody a stunner and drink a beer and offer that somebody a beer and stun them and spray them with beer and drink a beer and give the finger and stun that somebody in no particular order... he did! Wow!

I know that the WWE and the USA Network are looking to boost ratings and I know it's November sweeps... so of course the WWE is going to go with the formula that works... which is D-X crotch chop and a Stone Cold Stunner. I would have preferred a compelling story and a A+ match, but that's just me.

I hope they got their ratings... actually, I hope they didn't. I don't want anymore D-Generation X... for the love of heck... these guys are old!!!! D-X was supposed to be young and hip... not old and un-hip. I'm not trying to knock Hunter or Michaels. It's just that they should be doing different things. I hate rehashing things from the past.

And Steve Austin... either come back and wrestle and be around every week or retire and don't. I get sick of seeing you every other month... not that I don't want to see you, but I just can't get excited if I know I'll see you every other month. It's like seeing my grandma... except better... but still...

The audience's pop for both Austin and Mick Foley is getting less and less enthusiastic. This isn't going to fly for the WWE much longer. Stop focusing on the past and work on the present and the future. Steve Austin and Mick Foley are not the future.

So, that was Raw in a nutshell.

Highlight of Raw was the video tribute to The Fabulous Moolah which I have to admit was a little better than my blog dedicated to her... I'm kidding... it was much better than my blog dedicated to her.

No comments: