2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/13/07

'Was That a Joke?' - Post-Raw Notes 11/13/07

Was that a joke? I mean, what was that? Was that a wrestling program? I have no idea what that was... I think it was a wrestling program because I thought I saw a wrestling match... or was it? I know I saw a bunch of women wrestling... I thought I saw some men wrestling... I guess it was a wrestling program.

I don't know how else to sum up the 11/12/07 edition of Monday Night Raw.

The 'debate' between 'The Legend Killer' and 'The Heartbreak Kid' was a piece of art that should be locked in a time capsule and blasted off into space so that if aggressive intelligent alien life finds it in their search for planets to conquer and enslave and watches the footage they will decide that our planet isn't even worth the effort it would take to conquer and enslave us. You know what? If the 'debate' is thought of in that way... Hell, Michaels and Orton may have just saved the planet Earth. They are heroes!

Besides saving our planet, what else did Raw accomplish last night?

The new 'save_us' promo all but guarantees us Chris Jericho live on Raw next Monday. It's no surprise, but it's nice to know that there is no way in hell that Jericho can't show up... and at this point, he will truly be saving_us. Hell... I think at this point I miss John Cena. At this point, I think Smackdown is by far... by far... a better brand.

I'm angry at the WWE right now. They aren't entertaining and what's worse is that they aren't trying to entertain. I hate to knock professionals. I'm sure the talent wasn't sitting around in the locker room planning a horrible show. It's just that I watch TNA and I wonder how the creative team with WWE can't give a little more effort or show a greater sense of urgency. The best they've been able to do over the last month was drag out Steve Austin to push his box office dud that should have been straight to DVD in the first place and to reunite a stable that is better off unreunited (and yes, I have trademarked the term 'unreunited' and yes, you must pay me royalties if you wish to use it and yes, that includes The Kidd).

I fear for World Wrestling Entertainment. It's not entertaining and it doesn't seem to be headed in the direction of entertainment. It's easy to knock WWE right now and anybody can do it... especially fair weather fans who haven't watched a WWE program in a few years. I hate hearing people say things like 'It used to be awesome when The Rock was around. Remember the New Age Outlaws? What happened to Val Venis?' Those people aren't ever going to be impressed by a WWE product again. I'm not asking for Vince McMahon to bring back the late '90s. I'm just asking Vince and his creative team to make an effort. Tell me an interesting story and book some interesting matches. Ahhh... maybe it's more difficult than I think it is.

At this point, I don't think Chris Jericho is going to make much of a difference. And to be honest, I don't think he's going to be returning on a full-time basis. I think he's going to make a few appearances and work a couple of matches to push the crap out of his book and then he's going to go on the Fozzy 2008 reunion tour.

High point of the night: As much as I'm bashing last night's Raw, there were a few high points. The highest point of all of these high points was Santino Marella. This guy makes me laugh everytime he takes the microphone which is saying allot. Honestly, I have fun everytime he shows up. I don't care much for his in-ring ability, but I'm not sure the WWE is even interested in that sort of thing anymore. Also, the new 'save_us' video pretty much guaranteed Chris Jericho on Raw next Monday. As far as in-ring action, the Rey Mysterio double 619 into a Jeff Hardy Swanton Bomb on M.V.P. (who is, by the way, the winner of the 2nd Worst Name in Pro-Wrestling Award) for the victory was pretty sweet.

I have nothing else to say.

Peace out...

- Seannie Wan

No comments: