2008 WWE King of the Ring

2008 WWE King of the Ring
William Regal - a big push followed by a 60 day suspension.

11/16/07

Random Notes and Opinions 11/16/07

Junior Fatu was very unpopular with the TNA talent. He showed no respect to the unknown guys - according to the unknown guys who he apparently didn't show respect to. He called Robert Roode Rick Rude. Overall, it seemed as if he was just there to collect a paycheck. I only go to my job to collect a paycheck. I think that probably 80% of Americans only go to work because they get paid. But, it's different with a wrestling promotion and especially a promotion attempting to grow the way Total Nonstop Action is attempting to grow. All of the talent has to be working together and be committed and truly care about the show. So, if all of this is true, and it all seems to be true, it's good that Junior Fatu is gone; it's good for TNA and it's good for me - the guy that watches TNA and isn't really interested in leftover WWE talent from 1999.

Edge is going to return at Sunday's Survivor Series. I'm a big fan of Edge although I think he tries to hard at being a heel. It's overkill but he's still probably my favorite wrestler. I'm sure he'll bounce right back into the world title picture. I'm thinking that Taker will win the title because of Edge's interference setting up a Batista-Edge feud. I can't see the Undertaker not winning the belt. It was the plan at Wrestlemania 23 for him to have a long title run. Neither The Undertaker or Batista really need the belt to get over.

It was cool to see Scott Hall and Kevin Nash together in the ring beating up Kurt Angle and Tomko and AJ Styles... sort of. I'm a little sketchy about TNA right now. I think they're pushing WWE leftovers where they should be pushing the home grown talent. If WCW had pushed Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit instead of Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, I think they would still be around today. So if TNA is going to push Hall and Nash instead of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe they're not going to be around in a couple of years.

Speaking of Samoa Joe, he has yet to agree to a new contract with TNA. It's interesting because he and AJ Styles are the only true TNA talent that I think would be successful in the WWE. It'd be cool to see what kind of crowd reaction they would receive if they showed up on Raw. Ah... knowing Vince they'd probably be put on the ECW roster... which is really thin. They don't even have enough guys to fill a one hour show.

I'm a little more excited about Survivor Series now than I was when I posted my preview. I'm most excited about Monday... Y2J... I can't wait for the countdown. You know you can't either.

Peace Out

- Seannie Wan

No comments: